We all want to be better at achieving our goals.
I sat down with Zach Moore, coach at Precision Nutrition, to talk about how he coaches clients and helps them achieve those goals. We covered behavior change as well as his background, how he broke into the fitness industry, and what it’s like to work online from home. Zach also has a great story about how he overcame his own struggle with nutrition.
These are some of the books Zach recommended in the show as well as a few others he passed along.
- The Precision Nutrition Guide This is the binder that Zach references in the podcast.
- Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd Edition Allen’s note: I have this as well and it’s very good. Motivational Interviewing is designed for therapists and coaches, but it’s also useful for just helping those around you.
- Effective Techniques for Dealing with Highly Resistant Clients
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential…in Business and in Life
- Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition
- Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
- Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism Note from Zach: this is THE textbook if you are very interested in the nitty and gritty of nutrition, which I don’t think you will need.
Just for fun I have to toss out this picture I took of Zach Moore Olympic lifting back in 2011. No excuses!
Don’t forget to check out zmoore.com and tell Zach you want more blog posts and videos!
We don’t have the podcast setup in itunes yet, so for now subscribe to my newsletter and I’ll let you know when the next episode comes out. If you think this podcast might help a friend, please share it. Thanks for listening!